- Create exhibits to educate the public about a site or person or archival object or collection.
- Create exhibits to raise awareness about issues related to a site/person/archival collection.
See other work by Cultural Heritage Professionals:
- Black Liberation 1969 Archive
- The Whiskey Rebellion: An Interactive Mapping Project
- Digital Chicago History
- Digital Tours of The Nightingale-Brown House
Steps for getting started:
- Install Omeka by following the instructions in their Installation guide. For a list of Hosting Services, see here.
- Add the Neatline plugin to your Omeka instance: Neatline Installation Guide. For Omeka’s full plugin installation guide, see here.
- After installing Neatline, access the plugin by clicking on the “Neatline” tab on the left-hand navigation panel of the Omeka admin dashboard.
- Create your first Neatline exhibit: Creating Exhibits.
- See basics for managing Neatline exhibits: Managing Exhibits.
- Build your Neatline exhibit content in the Neatline editor: Editor Overview.
- Add records to your Neatline exhibit: Records Overview, Creating Neatline Records.
- Publish your Neatline exhibit to your public Omeka site: Publishing Exhibits.
Optional Neatline Widgets